DLTCEP Requests Thread

159 replies to this topic

#121 Valiant

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:04 AM

Hi Avenger,

is it possible to make a button called "Mass wall polygon import" or such? Because when I´m creating an area with extended night, I usually making all polygon walls in day .WED, save them and then just load them back in night. WED But it´s really sometimes PITA to load polygons and setting up their flags one by one, especially if you have them a lot, say 100...

This way I would just choose all polygons I want to import and the program would do the rest...

#122 Valiant

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:11 PM

...of course, it comes in hand with "Mass Wall polygon Export" button, if it would be possible. So all wall polygons from one area could be exported to, say, a single one polygon list file, or to as many polygon files as is the polygon count...

#123 lynx

• Modders
  • 1713 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

why not just copy the wed in a file manager and then edit it in dltcep into an appropriate night form?
GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Python tamers needed for iwd2!

#124 Valiant

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:34 AM

View Postlynx, on May 8 2011, 11:41 PM, said:

why not just copy the wed in a file manager and then edit it in dltcep into an appropriate night form?
...not so easy when you have overlays...

#125 Yovaneth

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:49 AM

View PostValiant, on May 9 2011, 03:34 PM, said:

Why not? The only problem I can think of would be caused if you had different overlays (different number, different shape) between day and night. Otherwise, a different .tis file (say one for day water and one for night water) isn't a problem because you can just update the .tis filename in NI. Unless I have a varying number of overlays or differing shapes between day and night, I never create a night wed file in DLTCEP.

-Y-

#126 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:52 PM

View PostYovaneth, on May 11 2011, 08:49 PM, said:

View PostValiant, on May 9 2011, 03:34 PM, said:

Why not? The only problem I can think of would be caused if you had different overlays (different number, different shape) between day and night. Otherwise, a different .tis file (say one for day water and one for night water) isn't a problem because you can just update the .tis filename in NI. Unless I have a varying number of overlays or differing shapes between day and night, I never create a night wed file in DLTCEP.

-Y-
I think you can do the following: Select extended night. Then Tools/repair night wed.
It will create a clone.

#127 jcompton

Lord Bigenvy

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

Avenger, can you provide support for InfExp-style DLG browsing? (Where all speakers can be presented in a single tree, not jumping from file to file as is currently done.) Yes we have InfExp today but blah blah blah NDA spoiler alert move on nothing to see here, y'know.
"[I]t's a testament to the determined RPG fraternity that a number of Baldur's Gate II mods have been successfully produced. The best can be found at pocketplane.net." PC Gamer UK

#128 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

View Postjcompton, on 06 August 2012 - 04:45 PM, said:

Avenger, can you provide support for InfExp-style DLG browsing? (Where all speakers can be presented in a single tree, not jumping from file to file as is currently done.) Yes we have InfExp today but blah blah blah NDA spoiler alert move on nothing to see here, y'know.
I can load the whole complex into a single tree, but no editing in this case. It could be added as an extra tool.

#129 lynx

• Modders
  • 1713 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:18 AM

that'd be great at some point, as now debugging dialog actions/bugs is a pain in the rear.
GemRB - IE anywhere.
Mages needed! Python tamers needed for iwd2!

#130 jcompton

Lord Bigenvy

• Members
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:09 AM

View PostAvenger, on 07 August 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

I can load the whole complex into a single tree, but no editing in this case. It could be added as an extra tool.

Yes, InfExp-style browse-only would be just fine.
"[I]t's a testament to the determined RPG fraternity that a number of Baldur's Gate II mods have been successfully produced. The best can be found at pocketplane.net." PC Gamer UK

#131 viader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:24 AM

This doesn't seem very important, but now, when i click 'ENTER' in search menu = search exit. Is it possible to click 'ENTER' in search menu = search keywords?

#132 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:48 AM

View Postviader, on 16 August 2012 - 02:24 AM, said:

This doesn't seem very important, but now, when i click 'ENTER' in search menu = search exit. Is it possible to click 'ENTER' in search menu = search keywords?
I don't understand this. If you meant hotkeys as 'search keywords', then try pressing ALT-S to get to the search menu. It will highlight the hotkeys for the menu items.
If you meant something else, then i don't know what is it. I still have WinXP, so it is likely I don't have all the fancy features of new Windows'.

#133 viader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

sry my mistake, I have WinXP. I think about window, which it have showed, when I click Load WED, Load Areas, Load Dialog. I have had the list items to choice, and option "search". And if I click 'Enter' the window exit, maybe should search keywords?

#134 Avenger

• Modders
  • 3365 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

I think you meant the file picker window. Its default button is the 'ok' button, which would load the selected item.
If i make the search button the default button, then pressing 'enter' wouldn't load the item.
If you have typed something in the searchbox, you can press TAB then ENTER to search something, then pressing another TAB and ENTER would load it.
Did you know that you can also doubleclick on a selected item in the list?

Edited by Avenger, 17 August 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#135 viader

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yes, I know it. I have written this isn't important change, but I still would for the default button will be search, because I am used to it.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users