• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 12:45 PM

I and Khayman have just began thinking up ideas for this MOD though we have the general outline of the MOD we would welcome any ideas or suggestions even as the MOD progresses so if anyone has any then please post here.

#2 NiGHTMARE

NiGHTMARE
  • Modders
  • 2437 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 12:03 PM

It might be an idea to give us a few of your own first, so we can base ours on your current concept :suspect:.

#3 khayman

khayman

Lux Ferous

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 17 June 2004 - 01:04 PM

Don`t worry, I`ll write a summary and basics of the plot and post them later. That`s when the forums will become public as well so we can start gathering ideas. :suspect:

#4 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 02:54 AM

I shall give some of my ideas as soon as Khayman has posted the summary rest assured. If I give them now then none will know what I am talking about!!

#5 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3637 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 12:26 PM

If going up through the Cowled Hiearchy, one thing for an evil oriented character would certainly include assassination of one's higher ranked superiors.
"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#6 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:45 PM

Intresting... A good idea but I wan't a similar sort of quest to gain rank with a good aligned person so will need quests for some people of good and neutral nature and to try and avoid politics!!

Edited by Valheru, 13 July 2004 - 01:32 PM.

#7 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3637 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

I gave this some thought, and it isn't as bad an idea as you could go with Valheru.

For example, you could have one task where the character goes up by merit, which would certainly work for good, evil, neutral either way. This is the majority of the fetch quests in BG II, for example.

Another way, though, is that the Bhaalspawn becomes aware of a problem with his superior. So, you could have the Bhaalspawn looking for major faults that could get the man removed, kill him to advance yourself (and you could break this down as to whether making it look like an accident or a blatant assassination), or even find out why your superior is faltering (say if he is being blackmailed, and if you remove that blackmail, your superior could be grateful, and advance you.)

I mean, so you could do this:

Promotion 1: Fetch quest

Promotion 2: You see your superior faltering.
A. Kill him for his position
I. Make it look like an accident
II. Don't hide it, making those fear you if they get in your way

B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.

C. Look for any reason why he is not up to par.
I. Blackmail him if he doesn't recommend you to go forward.
II. Fix the problem (say the superior is being blackmailed, or owes money, etc), and count on his gratefulness.

Edited by Bri, 02 July 2004 - 10:07 AM.

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#8 Valheru

Valheru

Mr

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:36 PM

not bad not bad... but if you are aiming for the highest rank possible then (B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.) is not possible. but I appreciate the ideas. (What does Khayman think I wonder) ;)

#9 Bri

Bri
  • Gibberlings
  • 3637 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:40 PM

not bad not bad... but if you are aiming for the highest rank possible then (B. Find proof he is screwing up, and present it to your superior's superior.) is not possible. but I appreciate the ideas. (What does Khayman think I wonder) ;)

Well, you didn't say how many levels there would be. This could be the bottom rung on the initiation.

#10 BigRob

BigRob

The Prince of Worthless Trivia

• Gibberlings
  • 3874 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

I thought the Cowled wizards had their own council of top mages to lead them (That's memory talking so don't hold me to it ;) ). You could always present evidence of a councillor's corruption/incompetence to the council and get a seat on it.
Aklon: Traveller. Healer. Warrior. Lover. Coming Soon at G3 (I swear!)

Click here to visit Aklon's G3 page.

Cam is on some kind of crack or something... either that, or it's the influence of Dr. Feelgood. - Icelus

The second confusing thing about Australia are the animals. They can be divided into three categories: Poisonous, Odd, and Sheep.

-Douglas Adams

#11 khayman

khayman

Lux Ferous

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:07 AM

We will create separate topics for ideas, so this one is going to get power-abused. :groucho:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users