BGQE: Mod Description

8 replies to this topic

#1 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 05:09 AM

Baldur's Gate Mini Quests and Encounters Modification (BGQE) is a quest mod compatible with all BG1 games, i.e. original BG1 with or without TotSC, all BGTutu games, and BGT.
It adds several small quests and encounters to the game, including the "slime quest", my former stand alone BG1 mini quest mod. Before installing BGQE, any stand alone version of the Slime Quest mod has to be deinstalled.
The duration of the game time added by this mod is approximately 30 to 60 minutes, depending on playing style. You don't have to start a new game to play the mod.

++If I forgot to put someone onto the credits' list (readme) who playtested the mod, please let me know!++

The number of quests and some of the existing quests will be expanded eventually, and NPC interjections are in development. Description of the quests from the readme:

1. Slime Quest

This quest is located in Beregost. If you pass one of the houses in the northwest, a woman dressed in red should approach you. There are some strange things going on in the house of her neighbor, and she wants your help.

This release revises the quest to meet known compatibility issues and adds a (more) evil quest solution.

2. Family Treasure Quest

This quest is also located in Beregost. If you go into another house in the northwest, you will meet a strange couple. They obviously have a serious problem, but haven't talked to each other for some time now. Although it seems that they aren't interested in talking to you either, it might just be that you can solve the riddle and ease their worries... or betray them and ruin the family completely.

3. Babysitting in Nashkel, including Carnival Encounter

This quest occurs in Nashkel. Did you meet the desperate mother of two little children? She has something important to do, and is in great need of a trustworthy person who will watch over her children while she is away. So, fearless monster fighter, will you be ready for this challenge?

This quest is only solvable if the PC's reputation is higher than 12 or if the PC is a paladin.

At the Nashkel carnival, you can find Tina. The young woman is another tragic soul in need of some money... or so she says.

4. Monster in Nashkel

Near the Manor House in Nashkel you can save little Arnim from a monster that's chasing him. He is staying with his parents in the Nashkel Inn. For such a heroic deed, the thankfulness of his parents should be all yours... shouldn't it?

5. Fallen Paladin in Baldur's Gate

In the northern part of the city, in the temple of Helm, an evil fallen paladin is hiding. He slaughtered a little girl without hesitation... at least that's what the angry people in front of the temple are saying.

6. Undying Love in the Fishing Village

The frightened woman in the left house tells you she is threatened by a monster hiding behind her house. Maybe you should go and take a look?

7. Lovesick Half-Orc

On the road north of Nashkel, you meet Uguth. He is on his way to Baldur's Gate, to his beloved. Due to his appearance, being clearly descended from orcs, he has to overcome a special hindrance before he can take her into his arms.

8. Unexpected Help

In the Candlekeep infirmary, glum Sir Trun seeks healing from his wounds. He was injured badly in a fight, but that doesn't seem to be his actual problem, as Linda, his fiancee who is staying in Candlekeep Inn, can tell you...

This quest is accessible both during the Prologue or after the return to Candlekeep.

9. Extension of Bjornin Encounter

Bjornin, the hurt paladin in Beregost, impressed my PC deeply when meeting him the first time. So she wanted to be able to talk to him some more.

This component enables PCs (male and female) of reputations greater than 9 to have a more extensive conversation with Bjornin. This might be seen as a romantic encounter for female PCs, but don't expect too much from an injured paladin.

Edited by jastey, 25 February 2013 - 05:19 AM.

#2 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 10:41 AM

Until the download is updated at G3, version 2 including a Spanish translation can be downloaded at Rosenranken from the downloads page ("Baldur's Gate Mini-Quests und Begegnungen Modifikation")

Many thanks to the nameless translator and Excalibur for translating the slime quest!

#3 Acleacius

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for your work on this great mod, Jastey! :)

Hope it's ok to post here, as I didn't really know where to post it, without starting a new thread. I haven't completed the game yet, just entered BG. This is one of the mods I installed and very much enjoying so wanted to offer my thanks.

#4 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thank you for the kind words!

#5 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Until the download is updated, version 8 including a Polish translation can be downloaded by Kerzenburgforum: Download

Edited by jastey, 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM.

#6 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

Until the download is updated, version 8 including edited French and English translation can be downloaded at Kerzenburgforum: Download

#7 Loremaster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Is the new version divided into components? I installed version 7 some time ago, but discovered I had to take all or nothing. Just saying components is a good thing.

Edited by Loremaster, 05 January 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#8 jastey

Titleless

• Gibberlings
  • 4769 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:02 PM

Indeed, v9 (beta available here) is. I forgot to put it into the list of changes in the other thread.

Edited by jastey, 05 January 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#9 Loremaster

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:21 AM

Good to hear, I like to pick and choose (well, at least when it comes to mods, that is).

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users